A cubic foot of dry snow may weigh about eight pounds, for instance, while packed snow may weigh up to 20 per cubic foot. Meanwhile, ice may weigh up to 60 pounds per cubic foot. Thus, a roof that could support 20 pounds per square foot of snow could handle about 4 inches of ice.
Snow Removal Service
- Underdeck inspection paying attention for deflection
- Safety is paramount, place flag markers to identify skylights and other projections before removing snow
- Provide clear passage to all drains
- Clear all roof units, vents, and gutters
- Special attention to snowdrift areas (parapet and firewalls, penthouses and elevation changes)
- Assurance that no damage will affect the existing warranty
* WHAT…Heavy snow expected. Total snow accumulations of 6 to 10
inches. Locally higher amounts possible.
* WHERE…The Genesee Valley and Northern Finger Lakes.
* WHEN…From 11 AM this morning to 9 AM EST Tuesday. The heaviest
snow is expected tonight.
* IMPACTS…Travel will be very difficult. Conditions will
deteriorate during the late afternoon and evening as snowfall
rates increase and temperatures begin to drop.