Elmer W Davis, Inc. has been a leading innovator in roofing since 1936. All our skilled roofing technicians on demand service vehicles are equipped with up-to-date technology, and capable of servicing every type of roof system. No issue is too big nor too small, from penetration installations to leak detection to catastrophic roof failures, we have what you need. Service requests are responded to within 24 hours.
Given our climate regions weather, snow can have a significant impact on the integrity of an existing roof. For instance, a cubic foot of dry snow may weigh roughly eight pounds, while packed snow may weigh up to 20 pounds per cubic foot. Meanwhile, ice may weigh up to 60 pounds per cubic foot. Thus, a roof that could support 20 pounds per square foot of snow, may only handle about 4 inches of ice.
Snow Removal Service
- Underdeck inspection, paying attention for deflection
- Safety is paramount, place flag markers to identify skylights and other projections before removing snow
- Provide clear passage to all drains
- Clear all roof units, vents, and gutters
- Special attention to snowdrift areas (parapet and firewalls, penthouses and elevation changes)
- Assurance that no damage will affect the existing warranty